Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Saturday Morning Occurrence

Okay, this has nothing to do with sports, but I had an eerie thing happen to me on Saturday morning. I went to bed at a decent hour on Friday night, and woke around the time RandBall typically awakes (rare, because he needs less sleep than I.) I suggested we go out for breakfast, since the breakfast rush is usually closer to noon in our neighborhood. So we went to a local breakfast nook, and had a lovely meal. Just as we were finishing up our meal, I noticed a little blonde girl near the front door, who seemed to be looking at me. I motioned to RandBall, because she looked a lot like me when I was little. Then I realized she had blonde pigtails and glasses on, and so did I! It was a bit eerie. Then when RandBall looked back towards the girl, we noticed there was not one blonde girl, but two! They looked exactly alike, and both were intensely staring at me. I tried staring back, no change. I laughed. Still staring.

RandBall leaned in towards me and whispered in jest, "Maybe we're the only ones who can see them!" It was seriously a moment it seemed only we were aware of.

Just when the staring was becoming ridiculous, I looked behind me at the wall- wondering if there was a particularly alluring paint-by-number above my head. Alluring, but not a painting, was the HDTV mounted on the wall above my head airing cartoons.

"Oh, I get it!" I said to myself, "They're hypnotized by Saturday morning cartoons!"

Picture courtesy of: http://world.visualwebtools.com

No comments: