Monday, May 12, 2008

Will the Reigning Champion Please Step Forward?

Hello, and yes- I am still alive.

I was doing a bit of cleaning the other day when I realized that Randball has been hanging on to his Fantasy Football trophy for several months despite being dethroned by one of his federation teammates.

Yes, the image at right is the ghastly award given to the winner of the FFFFF (read: Funk Funk Fantasy Football Federation.) There used to be only one piece of plywood attached to this symbolic flip-flop sandal. Since this trophy has been through the hands of its many winners for too many years to mention, a second piece was added. Good thing.

Now, I happen to know that Randball has been dethroned, and the reasons are not as obvious as you might think. Randball did not tell me that he lost. Oh, no! He is the treasurer of his fine federation, and has a dedicated bank account for it. Over the years, he has tried to convince me of the value and fun of being a part of his federation, and over time, he has turned to emphasizing the monetary value. "But when I win, think of all the money we'll have!" Naturally, had he won this year, I would've heard much celebration! And had he won, I would have a new outfit to show for it!

Alas, I must ask this question, for the sake of my dining room decor, and the bragging rights of the reigning champion... Will the winner of the FFFFF 2008 season please step forward? You've got a flip-flop to display in YOUR home now!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

You weren't kidding. That thing is hideous!